Friday, June 26, 2015

They say it's the rider, not the bike



So, I realized in order for me to accomplish my goals, I really needed to get a bike that could pedal even better than my Transition Patrol. So, here's my NS Eccentric. The drivetrain has an 11-42 extended range cassette and a Wolf 34t oval ring. XT brakes, deity parts, continental tires, fox 32 float. It's an awesome setup!

Thursday June 25- My first day of this experiment didn't go very well. I was working for 12 hours and was in class for 2 hours. It was a really terrible day and I missed lunch. I was helping out with a focus group at about 7 and they had a bunch of pizza, so i ended up eating a few pieces. So that was pretty bad. I did to a bunch of pushups and sit-ups when I got home at about 11.

Friday June 26- I ate decently well today. Breakfast I had grits and protein. Lunch I had cottage cheese. Dinner I went to sprouts and got a Steak, bean, rice, and vegetable bowl then some cereal when I got home from riding. I tried out my NS Eccentric on Big Springs. The ride was 5.9 miles, 1359 feet of climbing and every one of the climbs was the fastest I ever rode on the trail. The way down took getting used to. I'm used to having rear suspension but by the end, I was having a great time. Such a sick bike!! So yeah, I'm not doing too bad, but I for sure need to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment