Wednesday, June 24, 2015

So why am I sharing this now. I'll just share all the stats and important facts and let you know how I got to this stage
This is me, albeit a bit muddy.

-31 years old
-6'1
-250 pounds
-Sleep Apnea
-Slightly high blood pressure
-Graduating with my MBA in about 9 weeks. This and work makes it so I'm sitting down between 12-14 hours a day.
-Tore ACL/MCL Jan 2013. I couldn't run or do much for about 1.5 years.
-Broke Ankle and ligaments Sept 2014
-Am very poor at eating. I am someone who never likes to prepare meals. I just like to get food made and head on with my day. This usually means that I'm not eating incredibly healthy.
-I own just an incredible shed of bikes. 2015 Transition Patrol, 2015 NS Eccentric AL, 2014 Transition Bank and a Traitor Ringleader Custom. These should mean that I'm always on a bike, but for some reason, I always come up with an excuse to not be on a trail.

I've always been a very active person. I enjoy just about every sport and have always been kind of a big person. There's a few things I need to change about my life.

So I'm making some goals:
-Bikes: I need to ride or work out everyday. I'm going to start with a goal of 100 miles on trails over the next 30 days. I should be able to get out and do atleast a few miles a day.
I'll be starting on June 25 and my goal by July 25th is to ride 5 miles per day. I have 27 ridable days because I don't ride on Sundays. I don't care if it's 100 or raining. I just need to get out on my bike. This should be a good goal!

-Running or walking: My ankle is still too bad to do any running. I'm going to make it a goal to walk atleast 5000 steps. I'd like to shoot for 10000 steps, but if I can get over 5000, I'll be happy.

-Lifting: My goal is to lift 3 days a week.

-Nutrition: This is where I have a huge problem. I know I'm not going to be perfect but I'm going to make specific goals to try and eliminate some of the big problems

Breakfast-I want to eat breakfast every morning. I often skip breakfast. I know some argue with me, but I've been eating grits for breakfast quite a bit.

Lunch- I'm going to be trying to eat higher protein lunches. This may not be the healthiest lunch for my day because I'm gone, but I'm going to do my best.

Dinner- I have been shown Healthy Choices Dinners. These seem to be pretty nice to eat. A good choice of food along with some milk should be a decently healthy dinner

Snacks- Just cut out pop and candy completely. This shouldn't be completely challenging. I just have to remember what I'm doing.

In total, I just need to pay attention to what I'm eating every meal. Eating healthy doesn't always have to be boring. Some of my friends eat amazingly while it's healthy.


I'm excited to give this a try for 30 days and see what happens. I don't expect to lose weight because it's never really done much before but I just want to feel better about myself. Biking is rad anyway, so it'll be nice to get out on the trails. I'll be keeping track of my rides on strava and will be updating this blog daily with what happened. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Nathan! We'll have to have you over for a healthy bbq 🍴

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Nathan! Let me know how I can help you with your goal.

    ReplyDelete